Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Irish Stout... Steak!

So I'm back in Annapolis this week. While at home last week I decided I probably wouldn't focus so much on losing weight, but just to get my pant size down. Right now I'm wearing a 34, but would ultimately like to get to a 32. Doesn't seem like much but even when I hit 192 lbs, I was still barely in a 33 pant.

Now to the food

I made an interesting discovery on the Food Network while I was home last week. I saw someone making some steaks marinaded with a little Irish stout so I decided to give that a try this week. I basically bought some beef tenderloins and made a marinade of a bottle of Guinness and some Worcestershire. Be careful not to put too much Worcestershire or the sauce becomes too spicy and overpowers the beer. Set aside a quarter of that to make sauce to top the steak with later. Marinade your steak(s) for about an hour and season just before cooking (Montreal Steak Seasoning is my choice). To cook, I broiled in the oven (the urban man's grill) for 10 min on one side and 8 min on the other for a nice pink middle. While that cooks, put the sauce that you set aside into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. This breaks down the alcohol in the beer. I pan fried some asparagus with garlic for my side and had a little brown rice as well. Here's what the meal looked like:


Workouts are going good as well. I'm on day 12 of the P90X workouts. Last night was Yoga X and that kicked my butt. I can't even finish that video yet. I got 45 min into it and had to stop. I'm determined to finish it so I'm gonna stick with it. Legs and Back video was this morning and I'll probably shoot some hoops after work today.

Thanks for reading! I'm out...

Traveling Dougie

No comments:

Post a Comment