Wednesday, July 22, 2009

At the airport this week

So I figured I should at least write about this and let you guys know. For those that fly out of Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH), they've closed down the whole Elite check-in side at Terminal C. That includes all kiosks and the security gate meaning there's only one over there. I suggest you try to use Terminal E to check-in or if you park at Term C and don't have to check a bag, there's a small walkway that will take you to Term E that has a security check also. That line goes fairly fast.

Speaking of security lines, this past Monday, as I was in line trying to get through security, the man behind me thought he'd get through the line faster if he stood beside me. Every time I moved up, he moved up. If I inched up, he'd inch up too. Literally right next to me. Um, give a brotha some space why dontcha!

Then I decided I'd stop and get breakfast. Since I was flying out of Term C, I stopped by the area where Einstein's Bagels is where Term C branches to out in three different directions. The line to Einstein's was long (15 to 20 peeps) so I stopped to get an egg platter from the BBQ place next to it. When I sat down, I over heard two women that were standing at the end of the Einstein's line that thought it was a good idea to get coffee from the BBQ place and then try to cut in line to get flavor syrup from Einstein's. I think that's so bogus. I realize some people are in a hurry, but if you are, you shouldn't be stopping for coffee or anything else in the first place.

The flight was pretty uneventful which is a good thing when it comes to flying. I fell asleep, woke up and drank coffee, read, and then slept some more. When I arrived at BWI and was boarding the bus to the rental car facility, I noticed a couple with a baby in an extra large baby stroller that thought it was a good idea to leave the baby in the stroller and then try to load the whole stroller just the way it was in a full bus where it's customary for people to have to stand on the bus. Now I don't have kids and don't know how hard it is to travel with kids, but I figured it would be easier for one of the parents to hold the child while the other folds up the stroller and loads that and their luggage onto the bus. On top of that, It's more courteous to the other travelers. Like I said, I don't have kids so maybe I don't know any better.

Usually my trips are pretty uneventful and aren't worth mentioning much. Just thought I'd share how people are at airports.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a pic of last night's dinner. I went back to the chicken soup that helped me lose some weight. I also had a piece of baked chicken and garlic bread made with fresh garlic.


I'm trying to keep my portions sizes down again so all I had was this and a second bowl of soup. Everything was very tasty!

Tomorrow I'm meeting one of my mom's cousin's that lives in Virginia. My mom left the Philippines when her cousin was two so they've never met either. Do I call her aunt? I dunno... I'm not sure how these things work like that. I think my mom is excited I'm meeting her though. Anyways, I'll let you guys know how tomorrow goes.

Lata...

No comments:

Post a Comment