Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Phase 1 Complete!

Phase 1 of the P90X program is over and now on to phase 2. The resistance exercises changed a little but the cardio stuff is still the same. Today is officially day 33.

I've always been pretty strong so I usually do the resistance training with lighter weight and more reps to help try to lean out. I'm using resistance bands as oppose to actual weights because it's easy to just roll them up and throw in my suitcase when traveling. The type of bands I'm using have 3 different bands for different resistance and you can use different combinations of the three bands to change it up. I have noticed a huge increase in core strength and flexibility since I started the program.

Last night's dinner was pretty good. I made lamb chops seasoned with garlic salt and pepper and just pan fried to a medium rare. I also made baked sweet potato fries with a garlic mayo dipping sauce. The sauce was just mayo (2 to 3 tbsp of Hellman's Fat Free) with 1 clove of fresh minced garlic, juice from 1 lime , and some green onions. I also had a little rice with it as well. Here's what it looked like:


Tonight I think I'm gonna go exploring for a park to go running. I heard there's a park in Severna Park, MD. I'll check it out and let you know how it goes. For dinner tonight I'm going to make salmon just like how Erin's dad makes it. It's really good and can't wait.

I'll let you know how running and dinner turns out. Thanks for reading. Until then...

Traveling Dougie

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing phase 1! The mayo sounds yum. Can't wait to see the salmon.

    ReplyDelete